Some good stuff I've been reading:
- An old Times piece on the "Man Date". The level of pitiful sexual insecurity disguised as theatrical hyper-masculinity in modern men infinitely depresses me.
- Joan Didion's moving and brutal essay on self-respect. "If we do not respect ourselves, we are one the one hand forced to despise those who have so few resources as to consort with us, so little perception as to remain blind to our fatal weaknesses. On the other, we are peculiarly in thrall to everyone we see, curiously determined to live out - since our self image is untenable - their false notion of us." See the above article for a perfect example.
- Dave Eggers may be hipster cliche by now, but he is still awesome and I will be purchasing is new book.
- The Hood Internet: microcosm of the greatness of America. And free to download.
- Scott Adams has a blog, and it is both hysterical and surprisingly insightful.
That is all. Go now in peace to do the Lord's work.