27 March, 2009

Guitar Logic

Just wanted to put it out there that I'm playing an acoustic live show at the Trempeleau Hotel tomorrow night with a couple hip cats under the name Guitar Logic--should be cool if anyone can make the 2+ hour flight out here!

Granted, it's all cover tunes, but I'll submit that we do some pretty creative renditions of few, with mandolin and different percussion backgrounds. My favorites might be:

Van Morrison - Sweet Thing
Eddie Vedder - You've Got to Hide Your Love Away
The Marshall Tucker Band - Can't You See
Ray Lamontagne - Barfly
Paul Simon - Me And Julio Down By The Schoolyard

Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Guadalupe said...

I'll be there. You can thank me later.

spencer said...

Sounds incredible. Wish I could be there.

higgy said...

You know how to make me jealous. Is it outside (aren't they all at the T-Hot?). Acoustic music outside, by the river, on a Saturday evening in spring - sounds like paradise.

Cassady said...

It was inside--actually a really packed house well into our third set!

I had originally been doing some more jazzy stuff on a stripped down kit. A lot of brush work and acoustic rods, but with all the people and noise, I switched to sticks, and we had some pretty rockin jams.

I had a blast, and the TH has a thursday night volleyball league in the summer we might do some gigs for!