22 February, 2009

Nico Vega

So I've been rather amazed at the extent to which owning an iPod has revolutionized my music habits. Basically, since about sophomore year of college up until earlier this year I didn't listen to music on any regular basis, and so my already accumulated musical favorites sufficed for those times when I did want music on. But now with my pod, I am listening to music orders of magnitude more often - which means my current stock gets old, and I in turn seek out new music, which I have never really done before. I have been open to new music when it comes my way through recommendations or what have you, but I've never been motivated to seek it out.

Anyway, thought I'd pass along a musical recommendation - Nico Vega. I don't know if they are indy enough or not for some of my blogmates, or if you already know them, but I didn't until today. They are a trio from LA fronted by a woman with a powerful, sharp, sultry voice. It's heavier than most of what I have been listening to, but the mixture of the female vocals with metal-style guitar hits a good balance. Here's one of their singles, "Burn Burn". Take a listen.

No comments: