07 January, 2008

TV

Watching political TV all day makes you go crazy.

Being in Massachusetts I see all of the New Hampshire ads. They are mostly for Edwards, though, surprisingly, I saw on Kucinich ad.

Tom Brokaw on the Republican race: "It's a jumpball out there, it's a real scrum and you can handicap it nine ways from Sunday." Three sports metaphors in one sentence!

Apparently the media has decided that the Obama win in Iowa and lead in NH polls is a "phenomenon" and that Hillary is done for. Every ten minutes they play this clip of Hillary getting choked up at a campaign event. Instead of spinning it as "Hillary is human, this gets her votes" they are spinning it as "Hillary is done for and is really really sad".

3 comments:

Elliot said...

God, tell me about it. After Thursday night, I spent most all day Friday watching the coverage as went about doing other things, and even then, I wanted to kill myself. But I couldn't turn it off!

spencer said...

Blogs and political news are my one indulgence that I don't yet feel guilty about.

higgy said...

And now the media claim that Hillary's 'tear' gave her the win, and has jump-started her campaign. Didn't she always have strong support in NH? Perhaps it's surprising that Obama did so well...